First of all, after playing it for most of the evening in handheld mode the port is excellent. I know it's a six year old game but it just cannot be overstated how good this game still looks when on the Switch's screen.
It's most definitely the special edition remaster that was released for PS4 and Xbox one, this is evidenced by the newer water shaders, soft shadows, improved lighting, and improved foliage density and quality. I can't pinpoint the resolution exactly but it is very crisp and seems to be 720p, or very close to that. Some assets seem to scale in resolution based on distance though, but I'm not sure about that.
The framerate so far has been a locked 30fps, and I mean locked. Although most of the time I can tolerate framerate drops I feel that I am very sensitive to them, if they're there I will spot them and so far there hasn't been a single one. In fact it actually seems a whole lot more stable than when I played it on PS4, there were noticeable drops at times there whereas on the switch I am yet to notice any!
So far Skyrim has been great on the switch, graphically and gameplay wise it is easily comparable to other current gen versions (excluding pc obviously) and far, far surpasses last gen versions. Don't discount it just because it's a six year old game, it honestly still looks really, really great!
So yeah, any questions feel free to ask and I'll try and answer!
Submitted by Sjknight413 | #Specialdealer Special Offer Online Shopping Store 2016
No comments:
Post a Comment